This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The Information SPAR collects about user may be broadly described in following categories:
- Personal Information: User name, address, phone number, email address, password, billing and debit card / credit card Information, order history, feedback, IP address and location, digital device name, type and configuration, details relating to user's download of Publications via the Service (including details relating to the time of the download, any interruptions, and the success or failure of the downloads), the URL from which user accessed the Website, demographic Information, and other such 'Personal Information'.
- General Information: SPAR may also receive more general Information from user as a result of user's visits to, and use of, the Website. This general Information does not identify user personally, and can include Information such as user's IP address, the length of time user spend on the Website, user's browsing history, and other such 'General Information'. This general Information may also include history relating to the transactions made by user on the Website.
Personal Information and General Information shall collectively and individually be referred to as "Information".
All the above Information is collected for:
- Better servicing and account maintenance;
- To seek user's feedback or to contact user in relation to those services offered;
- Making the offerings more relevant to user and user's desires ensuring no spam mails go through;
- Keeping track of the transactions, to help in case of any dispute situations; dealing with enquiries, requests or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes; marketing products and services; carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- To effectively administer and fulfil obligations under any agreement SPAR may have with user;
To collect the Information SPAR shall use channels such as physical forms, call centre, website (including cookies), emails, promotional offers, surveys and mailers. Participation in some of these channels is optional but user may be required to provide user's Information in order to participate. SPAR is not liable to verify the authenticity or accuracy of any Information SPAR collects from user.
From time to time SPAR may ask user to update user's contact &Information on SPAR authorized website, contact centre or through any other approved channels. This is to help keep user updated on services, any changes in the services and its enhancements. SPAR will not be liable for any failure or default to notify user of any service, any change in service or its enhancement if user fails to update such Information in a timely manner.
Access to Information:
SPAR collects user's Personal Information to enable us, amongst other things, to provide the Website and SPAR Services to user. SPAR takes all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
Information Storage & Sharing:
Any Information that SPAR collects and stores that is personally identifiable is protected using appropriate means, and although SPAR does so, it will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access by third parties.
All Information shall be stored by SPAR or one or more of SPAR vendors, who will be bound by a non-disclosure agreement with SPAR. SPAR reserves the rights to hold user's Information indefinitely.
User agrees that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
- With one or more of SPAR corporate entities and affiliates globally to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of SPAR' services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services as part of service offered to user through Website.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, etc.;
- When SPAR believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect SPAR' rights and interests, protect user's safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request and the like;
SPAR may also share user's Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, SPAR is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive user's Personal Information. SPAR is not liable for any loss or injury caused to user as a result of user providing user's Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
User may receive promotional offers, campaign details, Company news, updates, related product or service Information, etc by email among other means. If user has opted to receive promotional offers there will be unsubscribe options with all such category of offers and user may choose to unsubscribe from such offers at any time by following the instructions included at the bottom of each email, or by contacting via SPAR Website.
SPAR customer care department may also contact user in response to an inquiry user submits. Customer care may also contact user with regard to a particular problem that may have occurred with user's account or with an offer in which user may have participated. SPAR may use this Information to learn more about user's participation in the Website and make it more relevant to user's interests.
Information access by member:
SPAR respects user's privacy and is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of user's Information with us. SPAR may contact user with useful Information on products and services through SPAR telemarketing / telecalling activities, which may be beneficial for user. However, if user does not wish to be contacted through SPAR telemarketing calls or messages, SPAR requests user to kindly register at SPAR' contact centre and give details of the telephone on which user does not wish to be contacted. However, SPAR reserves the right to contact user through telecalling for Services related to user's account. Further, SPAR is committed to follow the laws laid out with regards to telecalling and telemarketing and, follow the guidelines set by any regulatory authority like TRAI in cases of DND policy or any such similar rules which may be in force.
Once user has registered for any such DND policy, user's telephone number(s) will be removed from all SPAR telemarketing calling lists within 30 (thirty) working days. SPAR will ensure that user does not get any further telemarketing calls on the telephone number(s) that user has registered.
Voice Call Recordings at Contact Centre:
With a view to providing the best possible service to its customers, SPAR will be:
- Recording voice calls made to SPAR' customer care with a view to provide better services
- Monitoring the voice calls recorded; and
- Overseeing the services furnished by the customer call centres.
- Sharing with one or more our affiliate companies, all or any particular call recordings received from those customers who have been enrolled with SPAR on the Website and/or a report with details of the complaints, if any, received by user or the customer. The sharing of voice recordings received from the call centres with SPAR affiliate Companies will be done in due compliance of applicable privacy laws.
All of the aforesaid activities are done, inter alia, to:
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Assure quality management and customer experience
- Identify and analyze the patterns and the types of requests / complaints raised by customers frequently on a real time basis
- Initiate remedial measures to prevent the re-occurrence of such complaints / issues
- Retain a recording of the voice calls; and
- Support any transactions that take place over the phone and / or if there is a dispute
Links to Other Sites:
The Website or any activities made on the Website or relating to the Service may contain features which link to other websites that may collect Information about user. SPAR is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites. In addition, such other websites may contain certain product and service offerings which are carried out independently by such third party websites. SPAR is neither responsible for the working of such third party websites nor do we warrant or nor do we make any assurances of the existence, adequacy or functioning of security practices of any such third party websites.
Treatment of Personal Information:
SPAR maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the Information. Specific employees only are authorized to access the Information on a need to know basis for business purposes only.
To keep user's Personal Information safe, SPAR ensures that sensitive and private data exchanges between user and SPAR happens over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-secured communication channel, and are encrypted and protected with digital signatures. SSL-secured communication channels are specially designed to protect personal and sensitive Information (payment details), which is sent over the internet and adapted it with some good points found across the other major e-commerce players in India. The security of user's Personal Information is important to SPAR. SPAR strives to ensure the security of user's Personal Information and to protect user's Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, SPAR adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where SPAR stores user's Personal Information. To keep user's Personal Information safe, SPAR ensures that sensitive and private data exchanges between user and SPAR happens over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-secured communication channel, and are encrypted and protected with digital signatures. SSL-secured communication channels are specially designed to protect personal and sensitive Information (payment details), which is sent over the internet. Provided that user's right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information Technology Act, 2000 and user hereby waive and release all SPAR entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
If user chooses a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Website then user's debit/credit card data (last 4 digits of card details) may be stored in compliance with industry standards.
User may review or update the Personal Information that SPAR holds in respect of user's account by contacting SPAR at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Treatment of General Information:
SPAR also collects user's General Information to allow us, amongst other things, to better understand SPAR users and improve the layout and functionality of the Website. SPAR may use and disclose anonymous Information, including aggregate anonymous Information derived from user's Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, trusted affiliates, advertisers, and other interested parties as to the usage habits or characteristics of SPAR ' customer base, and to serve any other business purposes.
Opt out rights:
In the event, user does not wish that user's Information to be used for the purposes mentioned herein or user wish to withdraw consent for use of user's Information please e-mail us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 18605009418. In such events, SPAR may not be in a position to provide user any benefits or Services. Also, in case user chooses to not share user's name and/or mobile number, user's registration from the Website will be terminated.
Data Accuracy, Verification and Supplementation:
It is in user's interest and it is SPAR objective, for SPAR to have accurate, current and complete Information concerning user and user's account. SPAR has strict procedures that employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are required by central, state or RBI regulations, SPAR has implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, correct and complete financial Information, including processes to update Information and remove outdated Information. If user believes that SPAR has incorrect Information about user or user's accounts, please intimate SPAR. SPAR will correct any erroneous Information as soon as possible.
Data verification involves the use of third-party data processing services to standardize and clean user's provided Information so that it is easily identified and accessed in SPAR database.
Guarding user's own Information: SPAR recommends that user to take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of user's Information:
- never provide Information that can be used to access user's account over the phone unless user have initiated the call and know with whom user is speaking;
- update any changes in addresses or contact Information immediately through the proper channel;
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, SPAR shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of user's Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
"Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of SPAR and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of SPAR), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
While SPAR will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which SPAR holds about user and prevent unauthorized access, user acknowledges that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that SPAR cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of user's Personal Information.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Ms. Chendna Raju
Max Hypermarket India Pvt. Ltd.
No. 39/3 & 44, Bannerghatta Road
Phone: 080 41811600
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Mon - Fri (11:00 - 20:00)
If user has any other questions or clarifications regarding privacy, or has questions about practices, please contact SPAR via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org